La Comunidad Hispana (LCH) offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs to low-income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH changes lives by serving southern Chester County as the leading provider of integrated health and community services.
The primary function of the staff physician is to provide high quality primary care commensurate with training and expectations including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients across the lifespan. The physician is a member of the practice care team, which includes nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, registered nurses, behavioral health consultants and medical assistants. In that capacity they are expected to be familiar with the mission, goals and objectives of LCH and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all LCH policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct clinical medical services in the area of board-certified medical specialty in accordance with the highest applicable standards of medical and professional practice and in full accordance with health center protocols and policies.
- Provide same/next day attention for patients in need of acute or urgent care services.
- Provide consultation on cases referred by other staff of LCH according to team-based care approach.
- Complete medical charts after each visit according to the problem-oriented electronic health record protocols.
- Review incoming labs, diagnostics, and consult reports in a timely manner according to LCH protocols.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Pennsylvania statute and according to professional guidelines.
- Participate in peer review and internal quality control audits.
- Participate in community outreach and education programs as requested.
- Assure confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Adhere to quality benchmark standards of care.
- Assist in protocol review and updates as requested.
- Comply with LCH Infection Control plan including utilizing universal precautions.
- Participate in regular staff meetings: Health Center Staff meetings; Medical Provider meetings; and LCH All Staff meetings.
- Maintains regular attendance; Performs all duties in a timely manner; Attends all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor or CEO.
- Follows all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Signs off of all charts within two (2) business days of providing care services.
- Enters and signs at the point of care, all orders including evaluation and management (E&M) codes and any procedures performed during office visits.
- Respects confidentiality at all times.
- Full-time providers at LCH are required to work a minimum of one evening a week and will share on-call services for weekends, after hours, and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including DEA License and BLS/CPR/AED, required
- Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, preferred.
- Credentialed or eligible for credentialing under Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a care team, required.
- Public Health/ Community Health Center experience is preferred.
- Experience working with a second culture is preferred.
- Bilingual: proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
- Proficiency in office-based applications: EMR (experience with GE Centricity preferred), MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet use is required.
- Must possess superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and be detail-oriented.
- Customer Service Skills (patient, empathetic, responds to patient’s emotional state, patient interview is pertinent to patient’s visit).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Must be capable of employing time-management skills for projects with varying timelines; must be able to work under pressure.
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.
La Comunidad Hispana (LCH) offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs to low income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH changes lives by serving southern Chester County as the leading provider of integrated health and community services.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)